The Mindful Channel




Have you ever sat silently in your lounge room and at gazed in wonder and awe at the box shaped contraption sitting quietly in the corner?

It really is an amazing invention that many of us take for granted.

When people ask me about such things as the meaning of life, the existence of God, and how the Universe works...I just point at that box and reply..."How would I know? I'm still having trouble understanding how television works!"

TV has gotten a bad name over the years...

Mindful viewing, however, can be a very enlightening experience!


As Eckhart Tolle writes in his book "A New Earth"...


"There are some programs that have been extremely helpful to many people; have changed their lives for the better, opened their heart, made them more conscious.

Even some comedy shows, although they may be about nothing in particular, can be unintentionally spiritual by showing a caricature version of human folly and the ego.

They teach us not to take anything too seriously, to approach life in a lighthearted way, and above all, they teach by making us laugh.

Laughter is extraordinarily liberating as well as healing."


I eliminate the negative side of TV by pre-recording shows I like and fast-forwarding through the ads. I also play my favourite sitcoms from DVD so as to avoid advertising altogether.

This is my way of adapting the medium of television so that it is always tuned to my favourite channel...

The Mindful Channel.